Compact Flash IDE Adapter, XT-CF XT-IDE Parts (Sergey Kiselev) For Sale
Compact Flash IDE Adapter, XT-CF XT-IDE Parts (Sergey Kiselev):
Short Summary: This is hard drive emulator which allows you to use a Compact Flash Card like a solid-statedisk on your retro IBM PC Compatible computer.Build Time: 1 hourSkills: Intermediate (surface mount soldering involved due to the CF connector) (fully assembled version also available see my other listings)Specs: 8 Bit IDEMaximum in DOS 6.22: 2GB per partition.Software: Pre-installed & Bootable FreeDOS 1.3 option also available see details below.
This is a great drop-in replacement for your old mechanicaldrives on your IBM PC Compatible computers. All solid state nothing to break down. Assembly andInstruction manual included.
This card is a remake of James Pearce's XT-CF-Lite card, which in its turn is a simplified version of his CPLD based XT-CF card andshares some ideas with XT-IDE card. This card allows connecting a Compact Flash (CF) card to computers with ISA bus and using it as a mass storage device. The card also supports BIOS extension ROM.
This kit is based on anopen-sourcedesign.This Compact Flash IDE Adapter along with the ISA-backplane kit which I sell separately (see my other listings) is used to build a fully functioning IBM PC clone which is able to run most of the IBM/PC compatible software of the era.
Return Policy:I fully support thisproduct;all chips are individually tested during kit assembly.However,ifthings don't go accordingtoplan due to a badsolder job or any other reason, no problem. Msg me and I will try to help debug any issues with the build. If all else fails return the partially assembled kit and all the parts for a full refund + original shipping.(Notoffered on internationalshipments, see notes below)
Following can be purchased independently (simply select and add to cart):1 Compact Flash Card with Bootable FreeDOS 1.3 pre-installed. Just plug it in and boot up your machine. No worries about installing DOS from floppies.1 USB to Compact Flash Adapter (Generic) Use this adapter with a modern computer to read/write to the compact flash card.
Complete KitThe complete kit is composed of the PCB bracket and all the components needed to complete the build: (CF Card not included)
- Two cards on a single machine are not supported even if they are on a different address.
- This is an advanced electronics project and success in the first attempt is not guaranteed.
- Chips are mix of new, new/old stock and renewed/refurbished, some chips may show their age.
- Finally visitwiki.noami.usfor build guides and tips. Don't forget to open an account and share your experiencewith the build!
- EEPROM comes pre-programmed
- If purchasing the non-fully assembled version,then you will need to solder on a surface mount style CF connector. Solder paste has flux mixed in and over time it degrades. To ensure a good quality solder job please use paste that is fairly new (< few months old) else solder will form bridges.
- Solder on the connector first. Once its soldered-oncheck for shorts before proceeding with installing the rest of the components
- Regarding refunds forinternational orders. International shipping is expensive so unfortunately the products I send international will need be sold as is with no returns/replacements. I will continue to offer support on how to resolve issues and if replacement parts are needed then those can be purchased separately.
This kit is based on an open-sourcedesign. Parts are readily available online. The majority of the cost of the kit is the integrated chips. I only make a very small commission to offset the selling fees and time spent assembling the kit and providing support.
FastUSPS Shipping!Spend less time waiting for overseas shipments and more time building!
Fatal error: Call to undefined function MagicParser_parse() in /home/leenooks/public_html/store/relateditems.php on line 73